Well, another May goal is accomplished: I have completed stitching Workbasket's Rabbit Rondel. And, because I have decided to "finish" it as a Shaker sewing box, I have immediately started on the accessories: I am currently stitching the rabbit pincushion over 1 on the same fabric and will stitch the scissor fob as well.
I can't say I really enjoy stitching over one when using an overdyed silk since the required variation of railroading is so tedious: reversing both arms of the cross stitch with each stitch taken. Rather slow work but it does produce the desired effect: none of the stitches are slipping under the warp and woof threads of the fabric.
I am really getting the hang of setting acheivable goals ... most of my May goals have been met. The key seems to be accepting the fact that I am not the superwoman I seem to think I am. I have had a bad habit of grossly over-estimating what I am capable of doing in a given amount of time. No more!!! Humble realism reigns!!!
I hope to work on some sewing finishes as well today, thus completing one or two more of my five finishes I have set as my goal for May.