Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Re-thinking the Rotation

Stitching in recent months has been all over the spectrum from one-project-at-a-time to flitting from one project to another several times in a day.  There were weeks on end of The Jacobean Elegance Afghan or Bent Creek's The Branch or The Lady Washington Sampler but there has also been restless browsing through the WIP basket and the Up Next binder.

In the past, a systematic rotation has been more my style.  I'd like to get back to that.

So, here's the plan:

Monday and Tuesday:  The Jacobean Elegance Afghan
Wednesday and Thursday: Victoria Sampler Mystic Stitcher's Pocket and Accessories.   
Friday and Saturday: Making Waves
Sunday: sewing and assembly finishes.  

I figure that once I finish the Victoria Sampler Mystic Harbor Stitcher's Pocket and Accessories, I can replace it with the Victoria Sampler Tea Cozy, also close to completion.  If I manage to complete both, I am not sure whether to tale on Brightneedle's Ghost and Ghoulies Etui or continue my Victoria Sampler binge with either the Sturbridge Box or The Christmas Sampler.

As I mentioned, I have been browsing in the Up Next binder and have promised myself the treat of a new start in October.  I have winnowed the choices down to a Victoria Sampler Pumpkin Patch Farm  Sampler or a lovely dragon with loads of intricate Celtic knot bands.  I'll just have to see how the mood takes me when I get to that point.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Pumpkin Patch Farm sounds the perfect new start for autumn season stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm not so keen on the daily rotation myself. I do a "goal" rotation for my monthly projects and then focus on one piece for the rest of the month.
You do know I'm going to vote for the dragon, don't you?