Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Just Martha

Just Martha seems to have been my stitching focus these past ten days.  And, now, just Martha is all that's's left to stitch.

The Lace Canopy is finally done and I am now on to the Wedding Scene band.   The designer offered alternatives here: stitch the entire band in cross stitch or use a variety of specialty stitches, particularly with regard to Martha's dress.  I am going with the specialty stitches.   Somewhere in my head I can hear Miss Piggy exclaiming, "Quelle surprise!"  But even so, I am being persnickety:  I used a double star for the flower petals and a Rhodes Square for the flower centers instead of the suggested Rapid Stitch.  I like the recommendations for Martha's gown and will be following those instructions to the letter but I wanted a bit more texture and complexity in the flowers.   George, in plain cross stitch, appears all the more sober and forthright surrounded by all the frou-frou.

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love George, waiting at the altar for his bride! I am sure her dress will look beautiful in the speciality stitches too.

CalamityJr said...

I like your choices. Looking forward to seeing Martha in all her glory.