During August, I worked on #'s 8, 11, 12 and 22 [as marked in blue] from the list. That means I have stuck closely to stated goals for August. I just haven't gotten back into sewing and assembly finishing
- Catherine Jordan's Pretty Picot Edges (2006 CATS project)
- Karen Bovard's Filet Lace (2006 CATS project)
- Peyote stitch bracelet (Willow Tree, Boothbay Harbor , Maine)
- 2007 Stitcher's Hideaway at Mystic Victoria Sampler projects: a stitcher's pocket, biscornu, needle book and fob
- 2009 Stitcher's Hideaway at Mystic Brightneedle's Ghoulies and Ghosts Etui and accessories.
- 2010 Stitcher's Hideaway at Sturbridge. Victoria Sampler's Sturbridge Box and accessories.
- 2012 Stitcher's Hideaway Lady Washington Sampler. The "class" did not involve any stitching but instead covered the research that went into the symbolism of the various motifs and how they referenced Martha Washington's life. I started working on this 9-28-16 [yes. that's 4 years after the class] and last worked on it on 10-16-16 [see here for photo]. One of the advantages [or maybe it's a disadvantage] of coming back to a design with fresh eyes after a hiatus is that you catch errors and omissions. I had to undo the entire fan stitch row and restitch it. I needed to add one more cushion stitch to the pink row above the fans, complete the last two rice stitches in the band above the blackwork and I needed to go back to Row 11 and fill in the diamond stitch pineapples. I had skipped over them because of an arthritis flare up. Finally, I was able to work the next band, a row of double star stitches in the lovely WDW Old Glory floss: a faded Williamsburg blue shading into a muted barn red and an aged ivory. This band, symbolizing the flag of the new nation, was a bit fiddly but only because the extremely soft hand and dense weave of the fabric made it difficult to place the 16 individual legs of the stitch cleanly and crisply, especially since two strands of floss were used. The stitch is better suited to a more stiffly woven linen or to canvas. I am up to Band 15, Smyrna Cross and Rice stitched rosebuds. representing the bouquet Martha carried on her wedding day.
- 2013 Stitcher's Hideaway Victoria Sampler's Christmas Sampler
- Alessandre Adelaide's Zucca.
- Encrusted Crazy Quilt Square & Strap
- HAED's Tangle Fairy
- Owl Sampler, needlepoint
- Victoria Sampler Tea Cozy Still practicing the bullion stitches. No photos of my pitiful practice swatch, if you please.
- T. Wentzler's Logo Dragon
- Royal Albert Museum: Art Nouveau Napkin and Napkin Ring.
New Starts: 0
Number of Sewing Finishes: 0