Sunday, September 28, 2014

More Sampling

I am doggedly stitching on the band sampler in the hopes that I will make discernible progress.  I have noted recently that I seem to frog one stitch for every two taken.  I really do not know why this is happening.  I am usually a much better stitcher than I have been of late.  I expect things will return to some sort of norm eventually.

On the other hand, I have a friend who is blaming all disruptions in personal patterns on climate change.  I have taken this pseudo-scientific theory a step further: I posit that the unusually overcast, wet and cool summer following so rapidly upon a brutal winter with barely the transition of a very bizarrely fluctuating spring has disrupted my circadian rhythms.  I am blaming the population spikes in frogs and household gremlins on climate change as well. I defy one and all to prove me wrong!

Anyway, today has been spent frogging the spiral border across the top and side on the right.  I still have a bit more frogging to do, as you can see.  It is rather tedious and I can only do so much before wanting to hit something or, worse yet, someone.  Best to cease and desist while I am still in a relatively civilized state of mind.  I then finished filling in the spiral border on the left and began work on the first floral motif on the right side.  Admittedly, this isn't a great deal of progress but I am still wiped out from yesterday's Spirit Day with my 8th graders.  Spending a full day [7:00 am - 4:00 pm] with 50 8th graders can wear one down.  They have so much more energy than I do.  I believe I exhausted my reserves yesterday.  So, today has been an exercise in slow motion.  It does seem the best way to avoid any further frogging.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Such a beautiful design Regina. Hang in there. Hopefully the frogs won't like the cold weather.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Climate change is definitely responsible for the frogs, they have clearly been driven from their swamps into your home!
And 8th Graders have more energy than any adult, you are not alone LOL

Anna van Schurman said...

I hear you, sister. The difference between us though is I'd give it up and I know you will finish--and soon! (Also the idea of that many 8th graders would do more than wear me down. I suspect I'd end the day in jail! :)