Thursday, May 29, 2014

Still at The Dragon's Tea Party

I'd like to show you a bit more progress on The Dragon's Tea Party.  I have been moving very quickly on this piece and am pleased with my progress.  You can see the guest beginning to take shape, a wizard in purple robes and hat.  The purple is all done in the old discontinued DMC Rayon floss.  Luckily, I had the two purples required in my stash ... something of a miracle since I had only 7 skeins of rayon floss in all in stash.  It's not my favorite thing, being a nasty and slippery fiber.  I am using only 12" lengths of the stuff in an effort to tame it somewhat

I am holding off stitching the wizard's hat's brim and his hair and beard while I decide whether or not I want to use Whispers in white for the brim [thereby turning it into fur trim] and in grey for the hair and beard.  I need to check my stash of Rainbow Gallery fibers to see if I have enough for this project.  If I do decide to use the Whispers, I'll have to stitch them last anyway.  This is hardly a problem since there is so much else left to stitch.

4 comments:

Maggee said...

Amazing how much you can get done when pesky work doesn't interfere! Good progress!

Julie said...

The purple really looks nice with the greens of the dragon.
I have some rayon in my stash, I think I've only used it once and regretted it then!

Linda said...

Nice progress Regina. I so love that pattern.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Looking good! I can see the second little dragonlet you mentioned in your email :-)