Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Change of Plans

In yesterday's post I said that I would be returning to The English Band Sampler once I had finished my fourth Town Square series shop for this year, bringing my progress up to the one-a-month annual goal.  But I guess I am still craving novelty.  Instead of returning dutifully to my BAPs and UFOs, I started on a very fanciful Easter Egg.

 A little while ago, I posted this photo of a kit seeking a chart:  linen - hand dyed 32ct. Aurora Belfast, fibers - a selection of Caron Waterlilies and Belle Soie silks, and some matching rick-rack.  Well, I found this chart to go with it: an unnamed complimentary chart designed by Frederique Leroy, ironically, another band sampler, though this one is in the form of an Easter Egg.  Unfortunately, this chart did not print out with a URL address at the bottom, like most freebies I have downloaded from various French sites.  So, I am unable to give you directions to find it for yourself.  

I then selected one of the Caron fibers, Tahiti, the lightest of the two over dyed skeins, the one at the bottom.  And I begin stitching yesterday evening. I have only gotten a few bands done but I am enjoying the jelly bean color way of this appropriately seasonal piece.  The band I am working on now will be a band of butterflies.  The colors pop much more in real life, even the sections where the orange sherbert shade gives an intermittent tone on tone effect.  I expect that will become more obvious as I get more stitched.  There are 11 bands on this fanciful little Easter Egg, including a full alphabet, hearts, butterflies, flowers and cherries on the stem.  I think it will make a charming shaped pillow trimmed in rick-rack.

Though this piece shouldn't take more than another day or two, I suspect it'll be a while before I get to The English Band Sampler.  You see, while I was browsing my binders for this chart, I found another: the free bunny 2010 from By the Bay Needleart.  I'll just have to get him stitched while the Easter mood is upon me.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely fabric and thread choice, really pretty.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a great project for Spring, so colourful and vibrant.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh that egg is going to be just magical!!!

llknbillburg said...

I'm having trouble working on the things I am 'supposed' to be working on right now too. I have 2 new starts to prove it! I say work on what makes you happy. Those other pieces will still be there and happily worked on when they call out to you again. Laura