Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday

Mondays are always toughest after a long break.  And the Monday after a 10 day Easter recess is no exception.  But I won't be bored.  There is a great deal to do at this time of year.  The real challenge will be fitting in some stitching time.

Today's rotation piece was The Berry Patch Rabbit.  Happily, I found the extra skein of DMC 610 I was so sure I had on hand and was able to continue work on this piece without the annoyance of missing floss.  I  stitched on this piece about an hour before work.  Though I had hoped to get in some stitching during my lunch hour and a bit more before bedtime but I ended up working through lunch and was too weary to stitch safely when I got home at 9:00 p.m.  I waited till morning to take photos in natural light.   My limited photographic skills need all the advantages outdoor settings provide.

Today it's back to work on my current Town Square piece: The Fiber Shop.  This is a truly lovely chart with lots of fine detail.  I am enjoying it thoroughly.  But I think it will take me the rest of the month to complete, even though I have 4 Tuesdays left in the month.  This lovely little French style building is three stories tall and will be one of the larger ornaments in the series.  If by some chance I do finish it before the month is out, I'll pick up The Framing Shop, as the next in the Town Square series.  After that's done, I'll finish up the textile arts shops with The Quilt Shop and The Knit Shop.  After that, it will be on to all the foodie shops.  Anyway, here's a shot after morning stitching.  Again, I hope to do a bit more during the lunch hour and after work.  But we shall see what we shall see.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Great progress on both pieces.

Linda

Dani - tkdchick said...

The bunny looks good is the body blended threads?

Julie said...

Cute little bunny

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

You are making great progress on both of your WIP's....

I have a new Blog and here is the link:

http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

I would love for you to be a follower on my new Blog.