Saturday, October 30, 2010

Getting Ready for Rachel's SAL & other Halloween tasks

Rachel is hosting a Halloween SAL ... all you need do is choose a Halloween or autumnal WIP or new project, work on it throughout Halloween, posting photos on your blog or photo album three times during the day. Of course, you need to let her know you are participating so she can set up links in one central place: her own blog.


Since Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I have an embarassment of riches when it comes to charts to choose from. My current BAP, TW's Autumn Faerie, would qualify. Even my October entry for the Bride's Tree SAL would fall well within the parameters of this SAL. But I want something distinctly Halloween-ish so I am looking at either the Plum Street Sampler Halloween Greetings or Ink Circles Fleur de Boo from the recent JCS Halloween issue or two freebies, one from The Primitive Needle [love her stuff] and one from The Stitcherhood [your basic Jack-o-Lantern]. Of course, I also have another fifteen or so charts for Halloween, ranging from BAPs like Sleepy Hollow or medium projects like Something Wicked This Way Comes or Zucca or Black'd Skie. And then there is my UFO: Ghosts and Ghoulies Etui.


Although I spent some time today working on M Designs' Winifred Witch, also from the JCS Sept. 2010 issue ... I didn't quite finish it. Though it looks tantalizingly close to completion, that is misleading. What with cross-stitching the sign, adding the metallic silver streak in the hair, doing the over-one stitching in the eyes, all the back stitching and embellishing, it'll probably take me the better part of two hours to have it ready for assembly. Even so, I think finishing this ornament will be my first choice for the SAL ... right on through to assembly. I'd be glad to finish this in time to hang it on my Halloween Tree if only for an hour or two. If I still have time after that for more stitching, I'll move on to Plum Street Sampler's Halloween Greetings since it requires only DMC and my order of WDW, GAST and CC floss from Stitchery Row did not arrive, alas alack!

1 comment:

Rachel S-H said...

I can't wait to see this finished!