Saturday, July 31, 2010

Assessing July Goals, Setting August Goals

JULY GOALS: I have been on vacation the entire month of July and had hoped to accomplish a bit more than usual. But I have not done nearly as much as planned.


SALs and RRs:
Bride's Tree SAL: June Fruit Basket and July Fish. And assemble the May ornament. NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH.
Town Square SAL: Val's Stuff's Train Depot. DELAYED - NEED TO ORDER SOME FIBERS.
Linda's RR: stitch and mail Dolores' piece to Linda on or about July 15. DONE 7/14/10.


Monthly Projects: ALL FALL INTO THE NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH CATEGORY.
Thanksgiving Ornament: Assembly finish of the April, May & June Thanksgiving ornaments. Choose a motif from CEC Thanksgiving Circle and stitch as an ornament.
Christmas Piece: Sue Hillis' Cookie Baking Santa
UFO>WIP: Peacock Biscornu and Midnight Moogies.


Focus Projects:
BAP: TW's Autumn Faerie. SUBSTANTIAL PROGRESS: BORDER COMPLETE [except for beading] AND ABOUT 1/2 OF SECTION 1 DONE.
Medium Project: Workbasket's Mermaid Solo. DONE 7/16/10.
Baptismal Stole for Elizabeth Cora. DONE 7/11/10.

Sewing Finishes:Take care of one or two from the backlog basket. Keep up with ornament and any other finishes for this month. Keep up with weekly classes in Sharon B's online quilting class. STILL NOTHING.


**********************************************


SETTING AUGUST GOALS. This is a busy time at work, so I'll be adjusting my expectations downward this month.

EXCHANGES, SALs and RRs: I am going to defer all self-imposed goals on the SALs to September which I will designate as a catch up month. This will leave only Linda's RR because there is an August 15th deadline and the Christmas ornament Exchange with an August 30th deadline.
Linda's RR:
Christmas Ornament Exchange:

Monthly Projects: No set projects this month, I'll just be filling in the empty spaces, should any develop, with whatever strikes my fancy.

Focus Projects:
BAP: Still TW's Autumn Faerie, now that I have recovered my focus. I hope to complete Section 1 and start on Section 2, back-stitching as I complete each section.

Sewing Finishes:
Play a little catch up on the Crazy Quilt Square.

No comments: