Monday, August 31, 2009

Progress on August Goals

The August Goals Were:


Finish Fertile Circles Needlebook: not quite finished yet but making slow and steady progress.
Finish Beach Find Pansies Panel: only two hours on this project, will try to do better in September.
Stitch 10 hours on T. Wentzler's Autumn Faerie: YES
Stitch at least one Christmas Ornament: YES, actually managed two: Blue Ribbon Designs' Red Birds for Peace and LHN's The Pear Tree.
Stitch one Halloween project: YES, actually stitched two: Not Forgotten Farm's The Giving Sisters, finished 8/17/09 and Homespun Elegance's Mr. Jack O Lantern, finished 8/21/09.
Stitch Workbasket's Quaker Cow and Quaker Sheep: Well, not quite. Only 1/3rd done with the Cow.
UFO > WIP: Peacock Biscornu: only another hour spent on this and all that hour spent frogging, hope to get some actual stitching done in September.
Work 5 hours on Sewing Finishes: YES AND THEN SOME. Four totes: Baa Baa Black Sheep, Glory Bee's Which Witch [Trick or Treat Bag for granddaughter Piper], Homespun Elegance's Mr. Jack o Lantern [Trick or Treat Bag for grandson Liam] and Field and Forest's Celtic Knotwork Heart. Three ornaments: LHN's The Pear Tree, Blue Ribbon Design's Red Birds for Peace, and Quaker Fourth of July.

The September Goals Are

Christmas Project: Snowman Bell Pull [for my god-daughter Sarah's bridal shower: my gift is all about decorating for Christmas]

Halloween Project: Esmerelda's House

Quaker Quilt Project: Workbasket's Quaker Sheep and Cow

WIP Rotation: TW's Autumn Faerie/Beach Find Pansies Panel/Fertile Circles Needlebook/ Erynne Chard's I Am In My Garden: I'd like to finish as many of these as possible so that I may move onto some Christmas stitching in October. I still have the 2008 Limited Edition PS Santa and Sue Hillis' Cookie Baking Santa to stitch as well as Liam's stocking which is an elaborate TW chart.

UFO>WIP: still the Peacock Biscornu

Work five hours on Sewing Finishes

3 comments:

Rachel S-H said...

I can't wait to see the pansy panel!

Carol said...

Wow, Riona, you sure have been busy! I am especially impressed with all of your sewing finishes. I'm setting up my machine in middle son's old room today, so I actually hope to finish/finish some of my ornaments before Christmas! I especially like your Quaker 4th of July finish--so cute...

Nic said...

Well done on all that you've achieved so far, and good luck for September's goals!