Well, it's been another month where the progress has been somewhat spotty. Yes, there has been progress on the stated goals but I have also succumbed to the seduction of a few must-stitch-now projects that weren't on the goal list.
First the stated goals
- Finish the Prairie Schooler Santa cards: so far I have finished the 1995 [photo on 8/2 post], the 2004 [photo on 8/16 post], 2005 [photo on 8/24 post], 2006 and 2007.
- Finish the Peacock biscornu: didn't even touch the poor neglected thing.
- Focus on the Mystic Stitcher's Hideaway 2007 projects, only an hour of stitching this month, on the very last day of the month, just to be able to say I did get to it.
- Focus on the TW Autumn Faerie: another neglected project
- Stitch a set of four tea towels with herbal motifs: I did dig out the proper chart, does that count?
- Start Liz Turner Diehl's German Garden: Nope
- Start TW Woodland Angel stocking for Liam: Nope
- Start Miribilia's Halloween Faerie: Nope
- Finish one more Celtic Tarot card for Angela's set: Nope
- Finally, finish Sean's Name Tree ornament: this is getting monotonous, but yet another Nope
- At least two sewing finishes: The Sweetheart Tree's Pumpkin on Gingham Halloween ornament and Elizabeth's Designs Peace, finished as a pin keep.
- Cross Eyed Kat's Jolly Roger Cat: finished 8/7/08
- Plum Pudding's Blessed Be: finished 8/8/08
- Top for the pink biscornu: finished 8/8/08
- Lizzie Kate's Housework...: finished 8/16/08
- The Sweetheart Tree's Pumpkin on Gingham ornament from JCS ... finished 8/31/08
- Started Prairie Schooler's Night Owl ornament from JCS
- Started the Debbie Draper Spots of Fun SAL: this last has become an obsession. I am using all sorts of different fibers for the motifs but one color way ... it's like eating potato chips or M&Ms ... just one more motif before I put it down ... after all I wasn't supposed to even start it until 9/1/08 but I have already completed 12 motifs ... and that's most of the first two pages of a four page design.
I'd say there is a pretty clear pattern here ... I have been getting bored with my own goals ... and have, consequently, been playing hookey with all manner of interesting new charts.