Monday, April 18, 2016

Small Progress


The taller tree in this photo has been frustrating me for the last few days.  The symbol is a pale grey left parentheses, barely visible on the glossy page.  I've been stitching a branch at a time before moving on to something else in disgust.  I finally started work on the house. When that's done, I'll try counting the remaining branches from the roof line.  The dazzle effect that followed my cataract surgery has left me unable to read faint print unless I hold the paper right under my nose.






But I did manage to stitch the primitive Sheep Heart from a recent JCS using True Palette silks and Rainbow Gallery Tweed instead of the charted flosses.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Some symbols on charts are really frustrating, I have often used the wrong thread colour and had to take it out again.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

For a tree, why don't you find a stitch that HAS to be in a certain place to count from and then just free stitch the rest from there? Don't worry about the symbol. Whatever you do will look fine and who will care? If your branches aren't placed exactly as stitched it won't make any difference in the overall look of the piece.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How annoying. I like to make a working copy and then colour in any hard-to-see symbols.