Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Little More Finishing

A surprise visit yesterday by my daughter from the West Coast had us occupied until a little after 2 pm.  We'll see her again on Saturday when we try to gather the larger family for a brunch.   She leaves again on Sunday and has many people to see, places to go in the interim.

I spent the rest of the afternoon on sewing and assembly finishing with these results:



I want to make an ornament for each of my three grandchildren.  This year's theme will be Christmas trees.    First up is this little beauty for my diva of all things pink.  I've photographed it atop the backing fabric.  Hey, I know pink isn't a traditional holiday color but the diva will like it.










Next, a mini Love Bird Sampler for the January [wedding anniversary] through Valentine's Day display.












And then there's this Prairie Schooler promo card for the patriotic display from May 31 to July 4.













Finally. there's this pin pillow, stuffed with ground walnut shells and trimmed with chenille.










I got as far as prepping the cardboard for the Queen Bee ornament, the first oval shape I've attempted.  We'll see how that goes today.  This ornament would meet my goal of 5 finishes in a month but I plan to keep doing finishes until I can see the surface of the dining room table/  Who knows, I may even use the table for a meal!

5 comments:

CalamityJr said...

All lovely finishes, but I especially like Miss Diva's "non-traditional" ornament. I'm sure she'll be thrilled!

Blu said...

So many cute finishes!

Maggee said...

Fine finishes, all! I stick my finishes in a drawer... out of sight, sometimes out of mind. But it's getting kinda full, so hopefully I will get some done this year! Thanks for inspiring us to get moving on ours!! Hugs!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great ornies, I like the idea of having some for each month done in advance.
I also like the practical goal of clearing your dining room table.

Julie said...

Such pretty little ornaments you have created. I like Miss Diva's non-traditional one.