Monday, January 5, 2015

The English Band Sampler

After a full year of painfully slow progress on this piece, I seem to be experiencing a burst of speed.  The blue flowers are done and I have finished  stitching the spiral border.  I am rapidly approaching a final finish and I am not quite sure how I feel about that.  This sampler has lived in my current stitching bag since Fall of 2012.  It'll feel odd not to have it there any longer.  Odd but, ultimately, satisfying.  I have decided to stitch a 2015 in the lower right corner, replacing some of the spiral border, which is a bit of a bore.  It didn't break my heart to do a few less repeats of the twisting ribbons of satin stitches.  The first photo you see is the whole of Band 7 and the second photo is a close-up of the right block of Band 7.

So now all that's left to stitch is a bit of vining at the bottom of the band and the date, 2015, at the right side.  The end is truly in sight.  If I have time during my lunch break, as I usually do, I'll chart a vertical over one 2015 and stitch it in the darker blue of the border [DMC 798] in the space beside the blue flower.  And if I am not too weary after work, I'll begin the vining at the bottom of the block while watching the latest episode of Madame Secretary on Roku.

6 comments:

CalamityJr said...

It may have been a long time in the making, but the finish is going to be worth the time and occasional frustrations. This is gorgeous!

Shebafudge said...

You are whizzing through that now! I am so excited to see that you are so close to a finish!

Linda said...

Yeah!! Almost done. Such a beautiful design and I so love the colors. I will miss seeing updates on this one when your done.

Linda

Maggee said...

Oh it is gonna be so beautiful! Yay!

Linda said...

I think it looks amazing and certainly worth all those hours - well done on being so close to a finish in 2015.

Julie said...

So very close, it's so bright and colourful.