Friday, August 2, 2013

A Little Late but ...

... I usually post a mid-year report on my stitching at the end of June.  But this year, I was just coming out of a seven week slump at the end of June and quite simply forgot about it.  Clearly, it hasn't been a banner year thus far.  I fear age is catching up with me and I only have just so much energy to spread around.  My work life seems to have the largest claim on my energies at present.  Perhaps this will change when I retire

First a look at my annual goals:

  • 01. My Own Crazy Challenge: work on unfinished class pieces from 2005-date.  I have made some progress on the Mystic Seaport projects.  And while I haven't finished any of the class projects but I have managed to finish up two UFOs [Midnight Moogies and a bookmark of my own design]  and one WIP [Berry Patch Rabbit
  • 02. Complete three BAPs: TW's Woodland Angel Stocking for Liam and The Woodland Maiden Stocking for Piper.  Minimal pprogress on Liam's stocking.
  • 03. Limit new starts to one for every two UFO/WIPs completed.  I have started a few Halloween ornaments just to bolster my sagging stitcher's ego.  After all, I need a few finishes to keep me motivated.
  • 04. Stitch a few more Heart ornaments for the Anniversary-Valentine's Day tree.  Kitted but not yet stitched.
  • 05. Stitch one ornament a month from the 2006 Indy Town Square SAL.  Only one finished in the past 7 months.
  • 06. Limit stash purchases to fabric, fiber and tools needed to complete charts on hand.  I have purchased two counted canvas charts and my husband gave me three cross-stitch charts for our  anniversary.
  • 07. Continue to blog regularly, aiming for every other day.  Obviously, with the May-June slump, that hasn't happened.
  • 08. Make an effort to catch up on sewing and framing finishes.  So far this year, I have managed 17 sewing finishes and hope to add another dozen or so during my current stay-cation.
  • 09. Inventory and declutter existing stash.  This is an ongoing project and I am satisfied with the progress I am making in this area.
  • 10. Change EGA membership to cyber-stitcher.  I'll do this when it is time to renew my membership.
  

No comments: