... I usually post a mid-year report on my stitching at the end of June. But this year, I was just coming out of a seven week slump at the end of June and quite simply forgot about it. Clearly, it hasn't been a banner year thus far. I fear age is catching up with me and I only have just so much energy to spread around. My work life seems to have the largest claim on my energies at present. Perhaps this will change when I retire
First a look at my annual goals:
- 01. My Own Crazy Challenge: work on unfinished class pieces from 2005-date. I have made some progress on the Mystic Seaport projects. And while I haven't finished any of the class projects but I have managed to finish up two UFOs [Midnight Moogies and a bookmark of my own design] and one WIP [Berry Patch Rabbit
- 02. Complete three BAPs: TW's Woodland Angel Stocking for Liam and The Woodland Maiden Stocking for Piper. Minimal pprogress on Liam's stocking.
- 03. Limit new starts to one for every two UFO/WIPs completed. I have started a few Halloween ornaments just to bolster my sagging stitcher's ego. After all, I need a few finishes to keep me motivated.
- 04. Stitch a few more Heart ornaments for the Anniversary-Valentine's Day tree. Kitted but not yet stitched.
- 05. Stitch one ornament a month from the 2006 Indy Town Square SAL. Only one finished in the past 7 months.
- 06. Limit stash purchases to fabric, fiber and tools needed to complete charts on hand. I have purchased two counted canvas charts and my husband gave me three cross-stitch charts for our anniversary.
- 07. Continue to blog regularly, aiming for every other day. Obviously, with the May-June slump, that hasn't happened.
- 08. Make an effort to catch up on sewing and framing finishes. So far this year, I have managed 17 sewing finishes and hope to add another dozen or so during my current stay-cation.
- 09. Inventory and declutter existing stash. This is an ongoing project and I am satisfied with the progress I am making in this area.
- 10. Change EGA membership to cyber-stitcher. I'll do this when it is time to renew my membership.