|One of the larger ornaments|
Since the only adhesive felt I had in my stash was orange [purchased for some long-forgotten Halloween project, no doubt], I stitched one of the ornaments using a rust and gold colorway with just a few stripes of green and blue for contrast. I should have removed the rather distracting magnet from view before taking the shot but you get the idea. I used cross stitches, rice stitches and Smyrna crosses in this particular ornament and used only Kreinik Very Fine Braids.
This photo of a few of the stitched but not yet trimmed and finished ornaments came out darker then I expected. But if you click on it to enlarge it you will get a better idea of the true colors. The smaller uncut and trimmed ornament was stitched using a combination of Rainbow Gallery Gold Rush and Treasure Braid and some Kreinik braid all in a colorway of blue and green. I used all of the same stitches noted above but added the tent stitch [aka, half cross] since some of the Rainbow Gallery fibers were thicker, offering greater coverage.
I think I'll try an orange, gold and red colorway next: all the colors of flame, appropriate enough on a day with temps predicted in the 90s. I may even try my hand at designing one of my own shapes next. I'll have to e-mail Sue and let her know how much fun I am having with these clever designs of hers.