Friday, December 30, 2011

Workbasket's Quaker Sampler Progress Report

I am afraid all my ambitious plans for doing some sewing/finishing have gone by the wayside. I have spent this week reading, eating, relaxing, watching DVDs, cooking and puttering about the house [I hesitate to call the very minimal and laid back efforts I have made "housecleaning"]. I have stitched on Workbasket's Quaker Sampler while doing the DVD watching and have made some progress. But I doubt I'll have the hoped-for one last finish of 2011, as is evident from this photo. When last seen on December 19th's post, I had just started the smaller blue motif at the bottom left of the inner rectangle. Since that time I have completed the blue, green and red motifs that make up the bottom leg of the rectangle and have started the yellow motif that is the right side of the rectangle. That leaves two and half motifs left to stitch as well as three medallions, not to mention the personalization that will go into the medallions. And I still haven't decided whether I'll do my husband's and my initials with the year of our marriage OR the intitials of my children with their birth years as the personalization. So, clearly not likely to be finished in the remaining two days of 2011!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Still looks good! Hope you are able to finish soon into the 2012 year.

Happy stitching in the new year...