Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa on Parade

Here begins my parade of Santas.




First is the 2008 Prairie Schooler Limited Edition Santa. I stitched the 2003-2008 Santas for my baby sister but most of those were framed and gifted long before I started blogging and photographing my stitching. Hence, no photos, to my regret.





Prairie Schooler Santas are something of a favorite of mine. I enjoy stitching those of their annual Santas that represent a concept or craft that is imnportant to me. This Santa represents Peace on Earth to my way of thinking. There is also a nod to the whole concept of the Winter Solstice with the Sun, Moon and stars ... reminding us that early Christians had to embed their feast day within an existing celebration to avoid being noticed and persecuted.


Next come the crafting Santas:



A sewing Santa















A quilting Santa














A Santa who embroiders









And a knitting Santa
















And the final entry for today, this Homespun Elegance Santa stocking that I made for my husband.


I'll be showing other Santa's throughout the week. Stay tuned!

11 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous santas - I am going to make Prairie School Santas next year.

Thanks for sharing,

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Oh, so many delightful Santas!! There is something so rewarding about stitching those PS Santas isn't there? I've only done three, but they're certainly on my "to-do" list!

Rachel S-H said...

Beautiful!

pandy said...

aw I love your Santas! I did one last year, and will be doing the 2011 one next year! I am trying to resist the urge to go buy all the older ones since I have enough to stitch as it is! :)

Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Those are all so cute! Can't wait to see the rest!
~~Gayle~~

Kay said...

I have almost all of the PS Santas and have stitched a couple individually, but would really like to think of some way to put them all together...

mdgtjulie said...

They all look fabulous too. Great finishes!!

Nancy said...

Love the Santa's! Merry Christmas....Nancy

Rita said...

I love all your Santas!

Stitchinowl said...

What a treat to see all of your Santas in a row! Thanks for sharing your pretty finishes.
Happy Holidays, Carolyn

slim1one said...

Hi there, love your Prairie Schooler Santas! I have stitched 10 of them so far and am doing research as to how I should finish them. Just wondering if yours are custom framed or did you use standard frames? I really like the look.