January 4: Homespun Elegance's Witches Stitch, Too, stitched on 28ct cashel linen, Silkweaver Summer Sundown, in the charted overdyed flosses. There's not much done on this piece since Tuesday is my longest workday of the week at 11 hours. All I managed was about 1 and 1/4 rows of the floor ... which still qualifies as a start, if not a very impressive one.
January 5: Alessandra Adelaide's Zucca, stitched on 40ct Newcastle linen, Silkweaver Mississippi Mud [a limited edition color] in Thread Gatherer's Sheep's Silk, Pheonix Rising, and a green silk yet to be determined. I am really enjoying using the Sheep's Silk fiber. It gives a bit of a dimensional look to the piece since its loft makes it sit up from the fabric more than cotton or silk. And, I do confess, I stitched on this into January 6 ... if only because I wanted to finish out a length of thread already in my needle. I believe this is the most challenging piece I have started thus far ... counting with absolute accuracy will be essential to maintaining the symmetry of this design.