Friday, June 25, 2010

Gnashing of teeth ...

My luck has not been the best lately. I am going to have to stay home instead of enjoying the girls night out with my sisters and mother today ... don't want to go into details, suffice it to say my gastro-intestinal tract is being most uncooperative. Of course, I still have to pay my share of the day: one ticket to a Broadway play, my share of my baby sister's ticket and my share of three rooms in a theater district hotel and a theater district restaurant dinner ... we're talking approx. $600-700 here ... and nothing to show for it. It's not like I can even give the ticket away since this is meant to be a private party celebrating my sister's 50th birthday ... maybe one of my nieces could use it though ... but my baby sister has two daughters ... hardly fair to choose one over the other. Hence, the gnashing of teeth!
I'll also have to stay home from work and I'll have to call a student who had an appointment to take a make-up test and reschedule ... tough to do since the parents are in the process of buying a new home and living with in-laws and, you guessed it, the mother's cell phone # is at work ... why can't they have a phone book for cell #s? This day is not going well ... more gnashing of teeth.
Oh, well, tomorrow has to be better!

3 comments:

Rachel S-H said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you feel better soon.

Paula C. said...

I hope you are feeling better very soon. I am so sorry you aren't feeling well and I certainly understand. I was supposed to go to a three day tatting camp and had to give up my place because of my health. I was so looking forward to it too. Your event was a bit more spendy than mine so I understand the angst there.

K-G Knitter said...

I hope you feel better soon! And you're right, tomorrow is surely going to be better! :)