Monday, September 28, 2009

Christmas Ornaments In My Future

I didn't buy this years JCS Christmas Ornament issue ... having read some reviews and seen the pictures on blogs, I decided it was just as disappointing as last year's issue ... I stitched only one of the ornaments from the 2008 issue. Instead, I will confine my ornament stitching to some oldies but goodies from JCS issues past and from the 2008 Gift of Stitching issues. To this end, I pulled out two similarly themed charts from the 2005 JCS ornament issue: Prairie Schooler's Partridge and Pears [really gorgeous] and Sisters and Friends' On the First Day of Christmas. If I am still in the mood for more ornament stitching, there are the charts for Four Winter Wishes, Do You See What I See?, and The Pinecone Ornament from Gift of Stitching.
In addition to my current WIPs and other planned Christmas stitching, that should keep me more than busy.

4 comments:

Stitcher said...

Really, Riona? I thought for sure you would get the JCS 2009 issue. While the selection this year is just so-so, there are definitely a few I will keep in mind to stitch for the future. Above all, I just love to have the issue in my collection because what doesn't appeal to me now, may appeal to me later.

Rachel S-H said...

I think those are good choices, but I liked the JCS this year too.

Paula C. said...

I think you may regret missing this issue some time in the future. I know that my taste changes and I look at older issues and see things I would like to stitch now that I may not have cared for when the issue first came out. It is a very good price for so many patterns =)

riona said...

Thanks for your warnings ... and I do think you are all being totally logical ... BUT I think I'll stick with my opt-out this year since everything looks so very much the same as charts I already have in my stash [case in point: The Sweetheart Tree's signature style is well represented in my stash by class pieces and by biscornu charts that I already have] ... I think this "seen it all" attitude is the natural result of over 30 years stitching and a deep stash. I have plenty to do without buying a magazine I won't use.