Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Some Stitching

I have stitched a few more of the Ink Circle Halloween ornaments:

No Heads Positive.  I used a Catherine Jordan green over dyed for the border and CC Dulce de Leche for the snakes.

No Heads Negative.  This is stitched in two Catherine Jordan green over dyed  cotton flosses.

Two Heads.  I chose to stitch the snakes in different colors though the model showed them in the same over dyed floss.

The Skull.  I used DMC white and black for the skull.  But for the snake, I used WDW Halloween.  The designer's notes called for an over dye that had long enough lengths of clearly contrasting colors to give a banded effect.  It's a little finicky since I have to keep switching from vertical to diagonal to horizontal rows to maintain the bands.


Maggee said...

You've been busy! Nice finishes!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work. I like the negative of the knotwork and the two snakes. It looks good in the two different colours.