Monday evening, I had planned to decompress after work by stitching on my sampler. Ordinarily this is a good plan and one that usually works quite well. I was stitching on the bottom bright navy lozenge border. When I finally got to the end, you guessed it, I realized I was off by one lousy stitch. And, of course, that stitch was at the very beginning of the border. I'll need to frog the whole damn thing and re-stitch about one and a half hours worth of stitching. Needless to say, I put the scroll rods down, muttered a mild imprecation and went upstairs to do a few crossword puzzles before going to bed. At least, the end of my day was consistent with the beginning.