Sunday, August 24, 2014

Colors Bright and Bold

As I continue to work through Band 7 of the sampler, I have to admit I am enjoying the eye-popping colors.  Normally. I prefer a subdued palette but the corals and electric blues in this band are so splendidly bold that I can't help but love them.  My personal aesthetic should have me cringing at the juxtaposition of purple and coral.  It is just so Red Hat Society!  But somehow, it all works well together.  I am nearly halfway done with Band 7, having stitched all the floral motifs on the left hand side and some of the spiral border.  

5 comments:

Julie said...

So bold and beautiful.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I just love bold, rich colours! Looks great!

Linda said...

Oh so pretty Regina. Amazing colors.

Linda

CalamityJr said...

I think it's gorgeous!

Shebafudge said...

That is beautiful! I think all the bold colours work really well together too. Can't wait to see the whole band finished. It will be the best one of the whole sampler I think.