Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I Surrender

Yesterday the temps reached into the 50s and will do so again today BUT tomorrow temps will drop into the low 20s.  As if that isn't bad enough, the evening will bring snow.  There is still about six or seven inches of icy snow that hasn't melted on my raised beds in the garden.  I was hoping it would all have melted by March 17.  I always try to plant my peas on St. Patrick's Day for a May harvest.  I'll have to be clearing the snow this year to do my planting.

This is the very first year I have ever been troubled by joint pain due to cold weather.  The past four or five winters have been unusually mild.  Perhaps arthritis pain has been lurking beneath the surface all this time, it just never got cold enough to present.  I feel as though I have spent the last three months just trying to stay warm and upright.  The continuous cold has been bone deep.

So, let's make it official, Lady Winter.  I am raising the white flag. I admit defeat.  I surrender.  You win.  Please accept your victory and leave your sister, Spring, to rule in your name as you move on to conquer other lands.

2 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yup I usually start running outside this week, not gonna happen we supposedly have 20cm on the way tonight!

Stitchinowl said...

Well said. No matter how long and harsh any winter is, spring does eventually come. Since we moved to FL 2 years ago, I have missed the snowy, cold winters of the Northeast....at least, until this winter!
Carolyn