Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Little More Redwork

The piece I am working on currently is a free offering from Ajisai Press called Heart Shaped Blackwork Box.  Of course, I'll be finishing it as a flat padded ornament and I am stitching it in Needlepoint Inc. Silk Russet Red Range #208.  So it would be more appropriate to call it Redwork rather than Blackwork.  I am stitching it on a scrap of 32ct Belfast Flax linen.

I got very little stitching time in yesterday, perhaps no more than 30 minutes. I put in another few hours this morning as it is one of my late days, 1:00-9:00pm.

I still have a bit more of the stem work to do on the left side of the design before filling in three remaining  large hearts.  I anticipate another finish over the weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and very elegant looking. Love your frog fabric from your earlier post too.

Blu said...

Very beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished!

Julie said...

Growing well!