Every year, at the end of June, I assess my progress on my annual goals. Most years this is a salutary experience. This year, not so much!
So let's take a look at the 2013 goals and my progress thus far:
- 01. My Own Crazy Challenge: work on unfinished class pieces from 2005-date. I have worked on the Mystic Seaport Stitcher's Hideaway Projects but have not yet finished them.
- 02. Complete three BAPs: TW's Woodland Angel Stocking for Liam and The Woodland Maiden Stocking for Piper. I have worked on Liam's stocking, though not nearly as often as I should have. Piper's stocking will have to wait till next year since I'll be lucky if I finish Liam's this year.
- 03. Limit new starts to one for every two UFO/WIPs completed. My new starts currently outnumber my finishes.
- 04. Stitch a few more Heart ornaments for the Anniversary-Valentine's Day tree. Not yet.
- 05. Stitch one ornament a month from the 2006 Indy Town Square SAL. So far only one finish.
- 06. Limit stash purchases to fabric, fiber and tools needed to complete charts on hand. I have already bought two charts this year and am planning on ordering three more that aren't even on my current wish list sidebar.
- 07. Continue to blog regularly, aiming for every other day. With no posts at all in May and only five posts in June, this is pretty much a wash out.
- 08. Make an effort to catch up on sewing and framing finishes. Seventeen finishes thus far. There are still many more awaiting my attention but this is a good start.
- 09. Inventory and declutter existing stash. Not yet.
- 10. Change EGA membership. Not yet.
Lot's more red than blue, so not an overwhelming success so far. But the year is not over and hope springs eternal.