Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Stitching

Just some photos of the past few days' stitching progress:

Some WIPs
Homespun Elegance's 2001 Santa ornament

Workbasket's Quaker Pig



And some finishes:
2005 JCS Christmas Ornament issue's Guardian Chessie


From Baby Bibs with attitude: Keep Watching, Maybe I'll Do A Trick


I have a few other baby bibs on hand and plan to stitch at least two more. A third, and of course, my favorite bib seems to have picked up a stain while in storage. Since it was stored in a perfectly clean cloth bag with other unaffected fabrics, I can only conclude the chemicals used to treat it by the manufacturer [sizing, mordants, etc.] are responsible for the discoloration. The stains lightened with one washing but were not completely eliminated. I'll try again using bleach applied with an artist's brush since the affected areas are all white. I figure that at this point, I have nothing to lose and may manage to salvage the bib for stitching.