Before coming into work this morning I was able to work on one of my April goals: stitching the Breast Cancer Ribbon Angel ornament for the Stitching For A Cure Tree. I have completed the two darker shades of pink and am well into completing the ligher shade of pink ... but I do believe I will fill in the wings and halo with a very pale pink blended with a pink Kreinik blending filament even though the chart calls for the wings and halo to be outlined only. Since I used a sage green linen, I really need to fill in the space with a consistent pink colorway.
I also met the April goal of stitching a Christmas ornament: Sue Hillis' Pirate Santa ornament. I hope to assemble it in a day or two, at which time I will post a photograph. With any luck, I will have finished stitching and assembling the Angel as well and will have two photos.
I brought my stitching bag with The Sweetheart Tree's Holly and Hearts Sampler to work and plan to get a bit more done during my lunch hour ... working toward another April goal: 10 hours of stitching on this piece.