Monday, December 1, 2008

A few small seasonal finishes

I spent most of my stitching time today finishing ornaments and a flat stand-up:

A Thanksgiving ornament:


This chart came from Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Stitching Motifs. I stitched it on a Silkweaver 32ct overdyed linen called Autumn Mist using GAST floss and trimmed it with an eyelash braid in two shades of green.

Next is a Christmas ornament: Country Cottage's entry in the 2007 JCS issue, stitched on 32ct sage linen using GAST floss and the same eyelash trim as I used for the Thanksgiving ornament.

These two ornaments were stitched for the Seasonal Ornament blog:

http://seasonalornaments.blogspot.com/

which is well worth visiting if you like to browse photo collections of smalls ... started in mid-November 2008, this already promises to be a lovely collection of small finishes.

The last piece is one that has been stitched and assembled for over a year, awaiting trim. Well, I finally learned how to make braided cord at the Mystic Stitcher's Hideaway in Mystic, Ct. earlier this month and was able to finish the piece. I'll put it aside for display next October. I left a small slot in the bottom of the piece in which to insert one of those small acrylic stands that turn a flat finish into a stand-up.


The rest of my stitching time was spent on my project from the Stitcher's Hideaway: The Sweetheart Tree sampler. I stitched most of the half diamond stitches in Row 4 before I decided I was too tired from all the holiday hulabaloo to take another stitch.

1 comment:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Both of your ornaments are lovely! And I love your stand up ...the cording is BEAUTIFUL!!!!