Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Trick or Treat

Actually, it's more a case of performing a trick to win treat upon treat upon treat.  I have put together a package of Halloween and Fall charts that I have stitched.  I will mail the entire package to one lucky reader.  The drawing will take place on Halloween.

The charts included are:

Brightneedle's House On Booberry Lane
Counted Illuminations' The Goblin Market.
Cricket Collection's The Great Pumpkin Conspiracy
Fanci That's Fall Friend
Hands To Work's Harvest Blooms
Homespun Elegance's Country Spirits: Birds and Bees
Homespun Elegance's Country Spirits: Season's Retreats
Ink Circles' Celtic Beasties: Halloween or Knot
Jeanette Douglas Designs' Halloween Acorn House
La-D-Da Something Wicked

Please leave a comment noting why you enjoy stitching Halloween projects.  I will choose the winner based on the comment that tickles my fancy the most.  Hints:  I am a former English teacher, so eloquent prose always impresses.  But, then, I have a quirky sense of humor, so doggerel rhyme also pleases.    I also spent a few years teaching art, so imaginative use of graphics would be interesting.  I am something of a people watcher, so  write something that displays your personality to best advantage.  Unleash your imagination.  Express your inner flower child.  Go a little crazy.  Please.

I know it is rather arrogant to demand to be entertained in this manner.  But it has been a dreary week both on a personal front and on a weather front.  Like Emma at Box Hill, I need diversion.

8 comments:

Bea said...

This could be tricky. I haven't been a Halloween stitcher at all. THEN I started to be intrigued by the projects Jo at Serendipitous Stitching was doing, so this fall I did my first project. And all of a sudden I'm looking for bats and pumpkins and spooky looking houses - it's happened, I've fallen into the witchy, ghostly, ghouly world. And you could help me go from newbie to a stitcher with REAL Halloween stash!

God luck to everyone who enters.

Marilyn said...

I love stitching Halloween, and sitting under a Moonbeam. :)
Seriously, I love the watch the different phases of the Moon in the Fall.
I just love decorating and stitching for Halloween, and seeing the little kids in their costumes.
Marilyn

LoriU said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year, especially living in Northeast Ohio. We get to enjoy brilliantly colored leaves falling from trees. Crunching through them is so much fun! Love the crisp, cooler air and bright sun too. My favorite holiday is Halloween! I love to stitch projects for it too.

Julie said...

I'm not a Halloween stitcher so i'll come back and see what wonderful and witty comments you have received .....

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well, you have us dancing a fine jig to the devil's tune today! Here's a little pome from me:

A is for Apple and temptation from snakes
B is for Brimstone and the fiery pits that it makes

Read the rest here! http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/danse-macabre.html

You know I love my spooky stitching and enabling my lovely followers, as Bea evidences. If I win you know I will stitch the charts or pass them to my many minions and denizens of darkness!

Bonnie said...

Your tricky rules are casting me in ghostly CHALLENGES but Halloween is a favorite at this witchy Estate on scary hyway 44. Hoping the charts fly to me as I want to stitch a witch. bcoles729@gmail.com

Stitchinowl said...

‘Twas the Night Before Halloween
(with a nod to Clement C. Moore)

‘Twas the night before Halloween,
When all through the house,
All the creatures were dozing,
Even a witch in a black blouse.

The treat bowls were filled
By the front door with care,
With hopes that many children
Would ring the bell with a blare.

The black cats would soon awaken
And take their spots by the door
To greet trick-or-treaters
With hisses and more.

In the wink of an eye
And the swoosh of a broom,
Halloween night soon arrives
With a brilliant full moon.

Finally, it’s time
For the kids to get sweets,
So come by and be sure
To say “Trick or Treat!”

riona said...



Received vy e-mail

Hello

I do not know how to get into your BLOG so I’ll post my entry here—

“who is that knocking at my door

a friendly postman with something to share

and tho I admit Im a little scared

he hands me that package then disappears

Its Halloween night and do I dare

I opened that package and look

there are 10 little charts from someone who cared."


Ellen ( taibl@att.net)