Saturday, October 8, 2016

Shell-Shocked

Filling in the shells with one over one tent stitches is an experience I would not care to repeat.  The fact that the floss colors very nearly blend into the linen color is not helping. Furthermore, the soft hand of the cashel linen means the uncovered warp and woof threads of the linen bear a striking resemblance to the covered ones.  If I lift my eyes for a mere second, I lose my place.  Aging eyes start to burn and lose focus after an hour of this sort of thing. Pink has never been a favorite color of mine and, after this band, it is even less so. 

5 comments:

Ann said...

But it does look very pretty in your photograph--maybe it will be worth the pain?

Julie said...

It's growing nicely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, that is a challenge! The finished effect is nice though.

deb said...

The shells are looking quite lovely but I feel your pain about floss nearly matching background fabric! Have found that my own aging eyes appreciate a very bright LED lamp....

Bea said...

That sounds miserable, but the result is lovely. I'm really enjoying watching this piece grow.