Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Ninth Blogaversary

Nine years - nine facts:

1. When visiting a needlework shop, I am most likely to purchase ...
floss, especially silk and cotton over dyes.

2. After 40+ years, I still have a penchant for stitching ...
fairies and dragons.

3.  I dabble in several other forms of embroidery ...
needlepoint, multi-media surface embroidery, beading, and crewel.

4. When it comes to textile arts, I am fascinated by ...
color and texture.

5. Though I do all my own sewing finishes ...
I have used professional framers for really special pieces.

6.  When stitching,  I almost always have a glass of unsweetened iced tea or lemon water within easy reach  Over the years, I have probably consumed enough to fill ...
half a dozen Olympic swimming pools. 

7.  Most days, I stitch for ...
two to three hours.

8.My second passion is antiquing and I have a collection of ...
 antique pin cushions, my favorite of which is an adorable turtle on its back, made from unglazed pottery, with glass eyes and a faded gold velvet underbelly.

9.  I love taking classes, but
rarely finish the projects, though I am making a stab at doing so now that I am retired.

7 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Thanks for sharing 9 years of your beautiful stitching and these 9 facts. It's always nice to know our blogging friends better. Happy blogoversary!

pandy said...

Happy NINE years!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Blog Anniversary!
I like your facts. I wish I had an LNS to answer Q1.
Q4 is very interesting. I think for me, it is pattern, I love the way shapes and colours form together to create patterns sometimes not visible close-up.
I also wish I could do more classes, for meeting like-minded people as much as for the projects.

Birdie said...

Happy Ninth Blogaversary !!

Stitchinowl said...

Happy Blogaversary! I enjoyed reading your nine points of personalized stitching trivia. Number 6 created quite a visual of swimming pools full of iced tea!

Anna van Schurman said...

Happy ninth blogiversary! I think color and texture are the reason I'm in the game too!

Maggee said...

Happy Blogoversary! What a fun thing to do... I think I have been blogging for 7+ years...I haven't paid attention of late. I enjoyed learning a little bit more about you! Thanks for sharing!