I still haven't decided on my next new BAP start and have been marking time with a few smaller projects while I consider my options.
I finished up the Jeanette Douglas Halloween Acorn House: truly a small at just 2 inches square. Surprisingly it took three days stitching time [about 6 hours] to finish. What slowed things down was working the over one fence, cat and owl on 36ct. Silkweaver linen. I am not sure whether I will finish it as an ornament or as a scissor fob yet. I make that decision when I sit down to sew.
The next piece is a French style sampler that I am working on a 14 inch square of 28ct Blue Wing Jobelan. I have used Belle Soie Blue Lagoon for the alphabet and the plan is to use it for all the cartouches, as well. I'll use soft pastel silks for all the animals and flowers that fill the cartouches. My linen isn't quite large enough for the whole chart so I'll be eliminating and rearranging motifs to suit my needs.