Thursday, January 15, 2009

The January Malaise continues ...

... and has begun to extend into areas beyond stitching. I am reading less, sleeping more, have lost interest in food and cooking [today's lunch box for work contains only some boring but easy celery, carrot and cucumber sticks, one navel orange, crackers and about 2 oz of Brie]. I just seem to be taking the easy way out in every aspect of my life. Could it be my body adjusting [rebelling?] to my new food plan and the goal to lose 80 lbs. ? I am sure the dreary and bitterly cold weather isn't helping either. This morning started off with a steady snow shower, will continue with overcast skies and temps that will not top the teens but when adjusted for wind chill will hover around 5 degrees Farhenheit. I can't afford this malaise because things are about to kick into high gear at work with the beginning of the "Sacrament Season": First Penance, Confirmation and First Communion following one another in rapid succession ... interspersed with registration for 2009-10 and two more fundraisers for the program. All this in addition, to the day to day routines of classes, mid-terms, progress reports, more classes, finals, more progress reports, catechist training, adult formation, Lenten spiritual exercises for children and adults. I get tired just thinking about it. Educators in the US know to expect such doldrums in March ... a month without holidays or breaks ... the mid point of the long march of days from the end of winter recess in mid Feb. to the Easter/Passover Spring break in mid-April. But I seem to be getting an early dose. Well, one does what one must ... so I imagine I shall recover my momentum at some point ... may that point come soon!

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

At least there is brie. Clearly you have not given up all hope.