Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mid Year Review of Annual Goals

It's time to take a look at my annual goals and see how I am faring.  May and June were pretty sketchy months for me due to job and health related issues, so I am a bit behind on some of the goals.


  • 01. My Own Crazy Challenge: work on unfinished class pieces from 2005-date.  Have managed to stitch one more piece of the Mystic Smalls but otherwise this has not been happening.
  • 02. Complete two BAPs: Stitch stockings for Piper and Rocco. I am saving these projects for my retirement.
  • 03. Stitch a few more Spring/Easter ornaments for the tree as well as a half dozen more Town Square ornaments.  I have stitched two more Town Square series ornaments: The Creamery and Sandie's Sweets Shop and have started work on The Abecedarium.  I have to admit that I haven't managed any additional Easter ornaments.
  • 04. Stitch one ornament a month from the Prairie Schooler Year Round leaflet:  I am up-to-date on these pieces, having stitched the January through June rounds.
  • 05. Continue to work on UFOs and WIPs list going into 2015  I have completed The English Band Sampler and have resumed work on the Jacobean Elegance Afghan.
  • 06. Limit stash purchases to fabric, fiber and tools needed to complete charts on hand.  So far this year, I have purchased fibers needed for current projects and even there I have substituted fibers from stash whenever possible.
  • 07. Continue to blog regularly, aiming for every other day. I blew this one with very few entries in May and June.
  • 08. Make an effort to catch up on sewing and frame 2 or 3 pieces professionally.  Not much progress on this front as yet.  Just four "finish" finishes since January.
  • 09. Inventory and declutter existing stash.  I am saving this project for after retirement.
  • 10. Change EGA membership to cyber-stitcher.

3 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I think you are doing pretty well, and if you have a happy transition to retirement, you'll have no problem reaching all your goals!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How nice for you that retirement is not too far away now!

Julie said...

I too have been using things I have and making substitutes for things. I have far too much stuff that will never get used...why did I buy it??