Thursday, October 30, 2014

Assessing October Goals/ Setting November Goals

October was a much better month for finishing than for stitching.  The Stitcher's Hideaway Kindred Spirits retreat early in the month was the scene of most of the stitching.   In fact, with the exception of The Gourmet Shop from the Town Square series, what little stitching I did throughout the rest of the month was all related one way or another to the Stitcher's Hideaway.  I stitched the Brightneedle bonus chart of a scissor fob,  Sue Donnelly's complimentary Kindred Spirits pin pillow and the Victoria Sampler Maine heart which was one of the giveaways at the retreat.

OCTOBER GOALS:
Christmas Gifts: Stitch a pair of tea towels, using the charts for Mint and Sage.  I didn't get to this.   My finishing frenzy ate up quite a bit of stitching time.
Current BAP:  Work on Piper's stocking.   No progress.   Again, finishing took precedence this month.
UFO/Class Project:  Finish The English Band Sampler and pick up work on The Mystic Smalls projects. Still languishing sadly.  
Town Square SAL:  Stitch The Gourmet Shop.  Done.
New Start:  Start work on The Dragon of the Summer Sky.  Most of the new starts were related to the retreat: Brightneedle's Kindred Spirits Stitching Journal was started, the bonus kit of a scissor fob was completed and Sue Donnelly's Kindred Spirits pin pillow was done.   But I have yet to finish the first page of the stitching journal.  The dragon is deferred to November.  Oddly enough, I stitched The Dragon of the Winter Moon during the summer and will by stitching The Dragon of the Summer Sky in the winter.  I tend to mix things up that way.
Sewing Finishes: Try to get another three or four projects completed.  I finally got around to doing some sewing and assembly finishes completing a grand total of  25 1/2  this month.  I guess I am making up for all the months when I did no finishing at all.
Pin Pillows:  Primitive Needle's By the Light of the Moon, Dragon Dreams' Here Be Dragons, Sue Donelly's Kindred Spirits.
Scissor Fobs: Brightneedle's bonus class kit
Ornaments:  9 Town Square ornaments, 2 Halloween ornaments, 4 Heart ornaments, 6 Trilogy Spring ornaments
Totes:  Pineberry Lane's Mehitabel's Redwork Sampler needs handles and a lining.  Almost done but not quite there yet.


NOVEMBER GOALS: With the Veteran's Day holiday and the Thanksgiving Day holiday making for a few more days off than usual this month, I expect to have some extra stitching time.  With any luck, I'll be able to extend the finishing frenzy and still catch up with the usual stitching rotation.
Christmas Gifts: Stitch a pair of tea towels, using the charts for Mint and Sage.
Current BAP:  Work on Piper's stocking.
UFO/Class Project:  Finally finish The English Band Sampler and then pick up work on The Mystic Smalls projects. 
Town Square SAL:  Stitch The Sweet Shop or The Knit Shop.
New Start:  Start The Dragon of the Summer Sky.   This will be my last Dragon Dreams chart from stash, making the 6th chart of Jennifer's [not counting many, many freebies] that I have stitched.  The next series that I will work on will be Workbasket's Quaker Animals.  I have quite a few of those in stash.
Sewing Finishes: Try to get another three or four projects completed.  I want to concentrate on gift totes and wall hangings this month.   If I catch up on the totes and wall hangings, I'll move on to throw pillows.  It all depends on how long my mood for finishing lasts.  I got a real rush last month as I watched the finishes stack up.

No comments: