Thursday, April 30, 2009

April Goals

Report on my April Goals
--10 hours on Workbasket's Rabbit Rondel: Actually, only three hours.
--10 hours on TW's Autumn Faerie: None
--10 hours on The Sweetheart Tree's Holly & Hearts Sampler: 3 hours
--1 Christmas ornament: SH Pirate Santa free chart finished April 5
--1 Christmas ornament for Stitching for the Cure Tree: finished except for the assembling.
--5 hours devoted to sewing finishes: None.
--stitch the GAST free chart Have You Any Wool?: finished stitching April 19
Also, a list of projects not on the goals list [because I have chronic startitis and and the stitching equivalent of extreme mood swings]:
--Sue Hillis' Yo Ho Ho Ho: finished April 5
--And a experiment in dimensional embroidery that I am calling Fertile Circles: 12 hours. I really got a bit obsessed with this project after seeing an example of the style on the Pin Tangle blog. It has not been a complete success but that's what experimenting is all about ... learning what works and what doesn't. I have scaled down my ambition somewhat ... instead of making a 4"x6" band to be inserted into a handbag pattern, I am settling for a 4"x4" needlebook finish. I'll post a photo once I finish the stitching. In any case, this wild hare really cut into my somewhat limited stitching time as I slog through what I have come to know as the sacrament and registration season in my little world.

So, it seems that for yet another month, my goals will remain much the same.
May Goals:
  • Finish Workbasket's Rabbit Rondel.
  • Stitch at least 10 hours on TW's Autumn Faerie.
  • Stitch at least 10 hours on The Sweetheart Tree's Holly and Heart's Sampler.
  • Complete one Christmas ornament.
  • Kit up TW's Woodland Angel Stocking.
  • Devote 5 hours to sewing finishes.
  • Bring the five "to frame" projects to the framers.

No comments: